Sunday, December 18, 2005

Coshocton....Ohio....

I have been in Ohio for 56 hours, and on average, that would equal seeing/ conversing with 227 people per hour. For you statisticians out there (yay Ruthie!), this means that since arriving home, I have officially bumped into/talked to the entire city of Coshocton, and half of Newcomerstown.

There have been many, many, many, many people in my life throughout the last two days (to all of you who are currently reading about yourselves in the third person! Hello! It has been good to see you!)

Today, when 75 people showed up at the Baker home to visit (that is a concrete figure. No exaggeration necessary.) I felt like I continually stumbled all over myself saying, "Gah! Hello! {hug}. How are you? . [insert funny comment by me.] [insert mutual laughter.] [insert foot-in-mouth comment.] [insert awkward pause.] [insert self-inflicted pain for stupidity of previous comment.] Well, it's good to see you! {hug again}. Thanks for coming!"

Overwhelming and disorienting while simulataneously centering and assuring....this is what home feels like.

The highlight thus far, I suppose, (after seeing hundreds of people whom I love and after spending a lazy evening with Chevy Chase, mom, dad, Sean, Sean's girlfriend Rachel, and Chinese Take-Out), is the amount of music that has filled our home during the last 55 hours.

No joke.

Dad wrote a bunch of songs. I wrote some songs...and last night, we're sitting in our living room with ten people singing worship songs/original songs, and jamming like there's no tomorrow (above, you see me playing dad's fine taylor hybrid koa electric...and dad holding strong on his Sunburst Nancy Griffith Taylor.)

And dad wrote this amazing song about Christmas, and I had the privilege of singing it with the worship team during 9am service. The song is just amazing, and I get chills when I sing it, and people were bursting out of their seats when we were finished because it was that good....It's all about this shepherd boy whose father takes him towards the star to see Jesus...and ooooh.....if you can arrange to be in Coshocton, Ohio on Christmas eve, then get your booties to Grace UMC at 7pm, because, well, it's going to be amazing. (We're going to lay it down on dad's mixer this week, and when we do that, I have grand intentions to open a myspace music page so everyone can listen. AND so you can listen to the original songs Erin and Esther wrote me as a birthday present.)

That's all I have to say. I promised mom to finish the dishes, and it's nearly midnight, so I will get a move on that.

No comments: