Tuesday, March 01, 2005

In the midst of battle.

If we were at war, I would be sitting on a stump in the middle of the field, my spear at my side, looking a bit downcast and tired, just wanting to be back in my living room with a steaming cup of chai.

I'm not quite sure how I can get a full night's sleep and be just as tired as I was when I crawled into bed. But I'm sure there are a few reasons. Here are some things that I ask you to take time to pray for today:

*We found out yesterday that my Grandpa Casey has bladder cancer. This is his second occurrence of cancer in two years (he had lung cancer in winter 03). It is treatable via very odd means--i.e. filling the bladder with Tuberculosis to kill the virus?

*One of my girls is consistently passing me notes after Monday Night Bible Study to tell me how horrible her life is. They seem like cries for help. Last night, her note read "I don't feel like living anymore." I don't think she's at a place where she will hurt herself, but she is certainly discouraged.

*One of my most consistent girls is moving out of Arlington. She won't transfer from Arlington High School, but she will probably not be a consistent Monday Night attendee anymore. I am discouraged, because after six months of being a believer, she still has not integrated into a church home--and she seems discouraged by this move.

*Our banquet is in ten days, and we still need to secure underwriting for all of the tables--which is about $2000-3000 left to raise. Also, our table hosts are getting discouraged because they are not getting great responses in the filling of their tables. Our goal is 20 tables with 8 people at each, which would be 160 people.

*I am exhausted and worried that because I am so exhausted, I will be too sick or too tired to do well at all of the tasks I have before me this week. I don't want Satan to have an in-roads to deterring me from fulfilling God's purposes for encouraging those I minister to this week, or seeking out the resources for this banquet.

I am in the midst of battle, sitting on my stump in the middle of the field, spear in hand, knowing what it is that needs to be done and praying for the energy to do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you have a lot going on. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.