Monday, March 07, 2005

Advil and Details.

My mind is entrenched in details. Thursday is the Annual Arlington YD Fund Raising Banquet, where our goal is to raise $20,000 for Arlington YD's ministry this year. I am very much anticipating this event, because it will be great to introduce new faces to our ministry and share with them. I am also tense and nervous because there are so many details that seem rather unfinished and unravelled--like, of the 32 people I personally invited to sit at my table at the banquet, I have four coming! Ack! The whole process is plagued with details and hi's and low's and disappointments...

But praise God that he is in the midst of it. $10,000 has been committed already in leadership gifts by a few of our biggest donors...and one of my teenage girls who is very nervous about getting up to share a bit of her story with over a hundred adults. Pray for Bronco and I to have stamina this week, for protection and good health for all who are to attend the event, and for the students who will be helping in serving, specifically with the one who will be sharing.

1 comment:

hmb said...

this is a test...