Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Prayers and Petitions.

Oh dear! So, so much to write about. Yesterday afternoon, I tried to load pictures of my birthday party and my trek to Canada, and the server was being difficult. So you have to just IMAGINE you can see a beautiful picture of Heather and friends in front of a British Columbian McD's and you have to IMAGINE a humorous photo of Heather in birthday garb opening "Cranium."

What's weighing on my mind heavily this morning is the fate of our dear Snow Retreat. It is supposed to begin on Friday, and unfortunately, for the last ten days, the snow level has risen back up to 9000 feet and the temperatures at the Ski Resorts have been in the 40's. Bronco and I and the kids have been praying hard-core for snow and for "thy will be done, O Lord," and have spent the last few days trying to organize a back-up plan.

In the process of organizing said 'back-up plan' there has been a significant LACK of communication between Arlington YD and the three area churches with whom we are co-sponsoring this retreat, and last night, I heard rumors that the retreat was already set to follow our 'back-up plan' according to area sources, although, Bronco and I were not a part of that decision-making process.

Amazingly enough, after I found this out, I went to my 20-something women's Bible Study where we spent an hour discussing how to effectively manage our frustrations and our anger! Oh my....so I spent much of last night and much of this morning praying and praying and praying that this situation would work out in God's way, and that our irrational need to program things to OUR level of comfortability would not interfere with God's perfect timing. He knows we need snow on Friday and Saturday. Who are we to assume on Wednesday that He cannot provide? Is Satan trying to interfere? ACK!

Hopefully, there will be mucho communication between Bronco, the youth pastors, and I this morning and we'll at least know what Chapter of this process we are on. STRESS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on getting snow for your retreat. There is none in Frostproof. Love