Wednesday, January 12, 2005

New Tsunami Rename Ideas.

Here are some new ideas for the Tsunami Rename....we've been getting mixed reviews on 'Surge', and sorry Suz, but I don't think 'Sluice' is going to catch on.

Yesterday I played around with the Thesaurus, and here are some ideas I really like:
Velocity, Jolt, Rampage, Torrent, Rush, Uprising, Cadence.

For some reason, we like names that are big with lots of movement, most of which happen to be associated with natural disasters...here are some other ideas, although, many would reference volcanic explosions or earthquakes, which in Washington, are highly possible:
Quake, Tremor, Shock, Flood, Eruption, Plunge, Submerge, Immerse, Drench, Engulf, Emerge, Evolve, Cadence, Momentum, Metamorphosis, Tempest, Storm, Impact, Clash, Electrify, Core, Epicenter, Tremble.

Some of those names don't work either, i.e. 'Storm', because it's the name of Seattle's WNBA team, or 'Core' because it's the name of a nationwide Youth Worker's Training Event....

Do any of those really stand out to you. I really like Velocity or Uprising or Cadence. I told Bronco we should rename it "Coup," which laughingly incurs the image of 150 YD kids storming San Juan Island with pitchforks and torches.

I was also thinking about the name "Alter" for its dualism in Christian language....

4 comments:

suz said...

Alas for sluice...nevertheless, a nice word to keep tucked away for Scrabble. As for a keeper from the new crop, I like Velocity as well, and then maybe Rush and Plunge. Sorry, but cadence makes me think of marching band.

Anonymous said...

I like Velocity also and going along with that theme you could also use "Light Speed". There's a duality there with both God's light and space.

Hope it helps.

DKC

Drewser said...

FYI, Uprising is the name of the current Promise Keepers movement. I doubt they would sue you for copyright infringement, but still may want to be more original.

Drewser said...

I think Uprising is taken by Promise Keepers for their new men's movement. At least I get a lot of stuff in the mail that says "Uprising". Guess it could be their call to arms to take over the world, but I doubt it. Though, now that I think about it, perhaps that's exactly what they're doing...at least in a spiritual sense. Hm. Kind of a good name afterall.

Anyway, back to the topic, I'm very disappointed that "Sluice" is not a candidate. I think "Sluice 2005" really has a nice ring. And any liquid served during the retreat would HAVE to be called Sluice Juice. Then get an MC named Bruce, and now he's "Sluice Bruce". Suz, I think if Camel doesn't use it we'll just need to start our own Sluice.