Thursday, January 06, 2005

"It's A Great Day To Be Alive."

In my normal past-life, I'd be embarrassed to ever like a Travis Tritt song....I mean, the man is the apex of redneckedness, and I believe that 15 years later, he still wears a mullet. BUT--I have downloaded his song "It's a Great Day to Be Alive" to my iTunes this morning, and I feel oh-so-ready to greet the day.

This attitude is aided by my new scarf (which is the third one down in the list). At the high school today, everyone asked me if I lived in Gryffindor, because the Calvin College scarf Sean gave me for my birthday this year just so happens to have the same color scheme as Harry Potter's dorm. And my attitude was further aided by a bit of falling snow on my walk to my car this afternoon...amazing.

I am feeling very much like I am where I belong in this return to Washington. There are some amazingly huge things to accomplish over the next few months too--A Student Leadership Training Day, A 3-Day Staff Conference, A 3-Day Snowboarding/Skiing Retreat, A Fundraising Banquet with a $20,000 goal, and A 3-Day Spring Retreat on San Juan Island to plan. But as I call up print shops today, plan layouts for T-shirts, and eat lunch with teenagers in my Harry Potter scarf, I think it is, in fact, a great day to be alive.

No comments: