Monday, January 10, 2005

Monday morning is taking all day.

In John Mayer's "Why Georgia Why" he describes his day as "The kind of morning that lasts all afternoon." Enduring my first Monday at work in many weeks, I feel like I am enduring a morning that's lasting well into the afternoon...which is funny, because I have awoken eagerly at 7am every day for the last week and even made my bed! But--alas--Monday's seem to have this powerful grip that is entirely their own...and so far, in the climactic fight of Heather v. Monday (1/10/05), Monday is winning.

This haggard morning is aided by my extremely sore abdominals. Last Thursday, Corrie and I applied for membership to the Stillaguamish Athletic Club, and two days after my Saturday morning Pilates class, I can STILL feel it! Euk!

This evening commences Girls' Bible Study again, and since we haven't met as a Girl's Group since our sleepover on December 3rd, I will be very happy to see them. We're going to be doing a comtemplative prayer service from the Book of Uncommon Prayer, taking most of our evening to specifically reflect and pray for Tsunami victims.

On a completely different tangent, on Saturday night, I paid a visit to the Seattle Center, specifically to visit the Pink Floyd Laser Light Show at the Pacific Science Center. My roommate and several members of her brother's bridal party and I were absorbed in the pounding rhythms of "The Wall" while watching some very crazy psychadelic laser lights action. I realized that I am glad that I have never been under the influence of any illegal substances, because the laser light show was as close to insanity as I ever care to be. Also--since they gave us free tickets to the U2 Laser Light Show, if you're come and visit me, I will take you there for free.

1 comment:

Drewser said...

I think I saw that same show in the planetarium at the Indianapolis Children's Museum. I vaguely remember smelling a potent odor after the lights when out, being mesmorized by the flashing lights and then I didn't remember about the last 30 minutes of it. Kind of a weird feeling...I'm with you Heather. No substance abuse for me, thank you.