Monday, September 27, 2004

Sundays at the Donnelson's.

Every Sunday night, there's a YD-sponsored home group Bible Study at the Donnelson's. There are about 30 kids who regularly attend, and I've been going the past few weeks just to meet more kids to network from. (Most of these kids attend the Donnelson's church and are already plugged in, but the Bible Study still has a very open/evangelistic feel.)

Last night, I stayed upstairs with the freshman/sophomore group and participated in the discussion led by a YD volunteer. It's definitely difficult for me to sit back and NOT lead, but I definitely don't want to be interfering with the integrity of an established group that doesn't need my interference.

I talked to four of the girls that were there last night, all of whom are Christians and all of whom have a church home. I encouraged them to come to Monday nights at my apartment as a ministry opportunity, since I have two girls right now who have no church home at all. The girls seemed excited about this, and it would be great to help them develop good leadership by building relationships with my Monday girls.

So, hopefully, we'll see one or two of them tonight! It think that would be just stellar. Kids reaching kids with the gospel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Camel, Just found you via Drew. Hope your ministry is going well. Will pray for you. Mom Bierlein