Thursday, September 16, 2004

have cold, will travel.

my annual fall cold has hit a bit early, i think because it started raining last week. i'm all sniffly and taking a few afternoons off work just to nap. feel very icky!

yesterday, i managed to drag myself out of bed at 6:30am (a real feat for me) to go up to the High School for "See You at the Pole" a nationwide day of prayer for students, where they gather around the school flagpole to pray before school starts. i never attended "See You at the Pole" when i was in High School, but it was great to watch the 40 students gather to pray and have some conversations with the kids who were watching.

one kid told me, "they're making me uncomfortable. so i don't think they should be allowed to do that. because that's the reason i'm not allowed to wear my confederate flag."

an interesting observation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness the basis for moral decisions is not what makes people "comfortable."

hmb said...

amen!