Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Arlington Eagle Football...

As in most small towns, high school football in Arlington is a big deal. School doesn't start until tomorrow, but last Friday was the first home game. Bronco and I went, mostly just to go, and hopefully to meet up with any kids we might know.

I knew one kid!

So I enjoyed the game, enjoyed the roof over the heads of the spectators (evidently, it might rain for a few of these games!), and sat there a bit overwhelmed at how many students I don't know. I wasn't mentally ready to walk up to a group of high school girls and introduce myself, so I shied away from the kids for the most part...but I did spend a lot of time watching them and praying for them, and praying for God to show me how He's going to use me in the lives of these kids this year.

The next home game is in two weeks, and by then, school will be in session, I will have met a few more kids at the school, and maybe a few of the girls I know will want to accompany me to the game.

I am having a bit of an emotional struggle in buying my Arlington Eagle's gear--because their colors are veeery similar to this school up North that we Buckeyes grit our teeth at every November...I'm praying for the Lord to ease my hardened heart so that I can wear my Arlington Navy Blue and Gold with pride while saying to myself, "It's gold and blue, not maize and blue..that's very different."

No comments: