Friday, September 17, 2004

Shopping for Bibles is FUN!

Yesterday, I took two Arlington YD girls shopping for their very own Bibles. These girls are my "inner circle" right now--they were on the Owyhee trip and they're in Monday Bible Study. Neither of them had their own Bibles! So Bronco gave me the checkbook and told me to go get them some.

We had a blast, leafing through the books and trying to make a decision. My deep thinker girl went with a small black leather trimline NIV with her name inscribed in silver, and my fun-loving girl went with Red and Gold two-tone leather NIV with her name inscribed in red!

We enjoyed coffee at Starbucks while we were waiting for the Bibles to be inscribed, and all they could talk about was how excited they were about their new Bibles and how they couldn't wait for the next Monday Night Bible Study so they could USE them!

When the saleslady finally handed them over, their jaws dropped, and one girl said, "I'm going to keep the box and the bag forever."

I'd like to give a shout out to Zondervan for publishing some high quality Bibles that my girls are proud to own! And I'd like to give a big shout out to my girls for being so excited about the Bible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always fun to see teenagers excited about learning. It just shows that you are making a real difference in their lives. Isn't it a great feeling? It's better than anything else in the world to know you are at the right place doing the right things in the Lord's eyes.

Aunt Danie

hannah faith said...

thanks for the zondervan shout out. i will take it personally as an ex-employee. your students should also check out the true images bible...one of those teen girls things but really it's not too bad. http://www.trueimagesbible.com/
peace,
hfn