Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Always Look On the Bright Side

So I've definitely been a little down lately.

One reason? This the first summer since I've lived in Washington that I haven't done extensive whitewater rafting. Specifically, I have done any extended trips... These trips have been one of my favorite things about being in Washington, and I haven't really done any this season. (Read about the Owyhee here: 2004, 2005, 2006. Read about the Deschutes here: 2006.)

I guess these trips have always taken up a good amount of space in my summer, but in having my roommate and Clay out-of-touch so often the last month, the space has become very noticeable.

Renee challenged me the other day to soak up summer. Without the river trips, I'm confused as to how to go about really soaking up the summer.

So...here's some attempts I'm making:

  1. A one-day conference at Regent College in Vancouver, BC: The Truth of Beauty & The Beauty of Truth, featuring Luci Shaw.

  2. Finishing my application to Gonzaga University's Masters of Communications and Leadership Studies.

  3. Checking off creation of the 50 Best Cheesecakes in the World.

  4. Giving a plug to Blood:Water Mission.

  5. Creating a countdown clock to estimate the number of days left until Clay lives in Washington:

  6. Planning a self-driving trip to Ireland for Summer 2008.

No comments: