Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Native American Concerts are Fun.

Last week, I enjoyed the best Sunday afternoon that has ever been enjoyed in the greater Arlington area. That's not an exaggeration. The weather was clear and sunny...there were good friends around...and two classic early-90's bands were on the stage (Toad the Wet Sprocket and The Verve Pipe.)

We were at the Stillaguamish Tribe's Festival of the River. I'm not really sure what the point of the event was--because they gave us a free concert and then we left. Well, I take that back. Erin ate some Indian Fry Bread that she wasn't too excited about, and we ate a lot of popcorn, watched the concert...and then we left.

What the whole thing affirmed is that Arlington is full of crazy people, i.e. Belly Dancers and Pirates...it also affirmed that I apparently prefer friends with red hair, since I have several: Pam, Renee, SuzJ, Erin, and Jenny. And it affirmed that I know everyone in the world, because, the guys in The Verve Pipe are the cousins of my college R.A.

So. Next August, plan your life around Stillaguamish Tribe's Festival of the River. I'll be there, eating a lot of popcorn, belly dancing, and feeling nostalgic for the 90's.

No comments: