Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Golf Marathon 2006!

Yesterday, 42 golfers gathered at 5:30am to begin 12 hours of labor for the Lord on the golf course! It was YD's 15th Annual Golf Marathon!

For the third year, Dr. Spencer (far right with daughter, Corrin) golfed on my behalf. Thanks to his hard work and dedication, he raised over $3000 thus far and logged 100 holes in one day! I am so thankful for him!

I was involved in a lot of the logistics of the day, gathering corporate sponsorship and preparing a lot of the mailings for the day. I also was extremely proud of the gift bags that were put together. Praise the Lord the hats I ordered showed up at 9am too!!!

Most of my afternoon yesterday was spent rescuing golfers in their nearly dead golf carts. Apparently, golf carts are not designed to hold a charge for a hundred holes. What?! That's not a normal thing to do?! I'm still feeling moderately exhausted after working for 18 hours straight, and my legs are riddled with bug bites...eeeugh. But, over $78,000 was raised for YD! Praise God for His provision!

No comments: