Friday, August 25, 2006

Golf Marathon is Coming!

Monday is Golf Marathon, which means that I will be waking up at 4:00am. Why? Because at 5:30am, 40 golfers are going to show up to play 100 holes in one day to raise money for Youth Dynamics. Dr. Spencer will be playing on my behalf for the third year in a row and has set a goal of $7500. If you would like to contribute to my golfer, Dr. Spencer, click here.

For the past two months, I've been helping with a lot of logistics for the event, primarily in preparing the golfer gift bags. I have to say, that I was hoping for an Academy Awards style gift bag, with crystal duck statues, designer gowns, and original pressings of the Gutenburg Bible. But, maybe that's aiming a little high for year #1 as Gift Bag Coordinator...I mean, I have to have something to build to, right? And besides, what will a golfer do with a designer gown?

But today, I nearly shed a tear as I gazed upon my gift bags lined up so beautifully on the balcony of our log cabin office. And I'm so proud of the Port Authority Silk Blend camp shirts I ordered with embroidered YD logos above the pocket.

What I'm not proud of is UPS, who thought it would be a fun joke to reroute the embroidered YD logo baseball caps to Bellingham this morning instead of to our office? Now, my logos guy is on a UPS rampage making angry phone calls and telling them to get those hats here stat. GRRR. How dare UPS try to infringe on Gift Bag perfection.

Regardless, the golfers will be amazed when they open up their Paper Factory gift bags to discover their beautiful shirts AND hats, a complementary golf towel, extra golf balls and tees, pens and pencils, scorecards, and a Skagit Recycling litter bag filled with gum, Tic Tacs, Sunblock, Band Aids, and the ever-important heart attack preventer: Aspirin. (I actually typed that list out entirely for my own benefit so that next fall, I can open up my blog and figure out what was in last year's gift bags.)

So, stay tuned for next week, when exciting stories and photos of the 15th Annual Golf Marathon will resound from the heavens.



No comments: