Monday, January 16, 2006

Things Worth Celebrating:

1. The Seahawks are playing in the NFC Championship on Sunday...for a chance to face either the Steelers or the Broncos, both of whom, as arch-nemeses of the Cleveland Browns, I would love to see lose to this team I have come to love over the past two years. (To your right is League MVP Shaun Alexander, pointing to the heavens, because that's right, he loves Jesus.)

2. Our rickety school bus full of students made it over and back to Wenatchee this weekend for 2 days of skiing/snowboarding at Mission Ridge. I was convinced I would spend at least 2 1/2 hours distributing hand warmers while our kids waiting impatiently for the bus to be repaired at the top of Steven's pass, but it was an unnessary worry. We were fine.

3. After helping deliver a tag-team service with Pastor Nathan and Pastor Harv at Ski Retreat on the book of Hosea, I have decided to commence a career as a motivational speaker (not really...) But, I had an amazingly good time in both the research and the execution of the sermonette. My subtopics: modenizing Gomer's shady lifestyle and teaching the kids about "sacred raisin cakes" (Hosea 3:1)...

4. Arlington YD hired a female intern, whom I get to supervise this spring!

5. Every day that goes by is a day closer to the beginning of, what will appear to be, a very lovely season on the Wenatchee River (based on the amount of snow the mountains are getting this year, thanks to our non-stop precipitation lately). As I cried out and pointed to the Wenatchee River on the drive home yesterday, the kids scoffed at me, like, I couldn't have just pointed out something less interesting. I reminded them that I had just listened to their exclamations of glee about Mt. Baker having a record 112" of snowfall this weekend. They were still not impressed. I guess it was dark, and they were enduring sore muscles and tired bodies...but still...

6. Today, I booked a 96-mile rafting trip on the Deschutes River for myself, Greg, and ten students in June! BLAH! I can't wait!

7. Although I am extremely depressed to be turning 25 next Monday, Sarah is organizing a birthday party at a restaurant I've wanted to go to for months...so...birthdays are better when there are good friends with which to share them.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although you're turning 25 2 months ahead of me, let's organize a quarter life crisis together. At least when be both go crazy, we won't be alone.

Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to your party, and am hoping that you might play that cool cd that those really amazing friends of yours made for you...

hmb said...

I think "anonymous" is referring to the cd that she and "anonymous friend #2" recorded for me for my birthday. It includes exciting tracks like "Happy Birthday," and my personal favorite, "The Ballad of Heather Baker."

And Pam...I would love to have a quarter-life crisis with you!

Anonymous said...

Gee, I can't imagine who would talk about Mt.Baker all weekend. That was a fun weekend. I will always rememeber "she was a hooker" and "sacred raisin cakes". gotta love that repetition. I'm starting to think it may be fun on the Wenatchee this year, once the deep snowbases melt off the mountains and become insanely insane rapids.