Friday, January 06, 2006

Seasonal Affective Disorder.

Last night I was on the phone with a few friends, and it seemed like sighs were all I could muster up.

Maybe it's part post-partum holiday depression. Maybe it's returning back home each night to an empty apartment. Or maybe, it's Seasonal Affective Disorder. I have not seen the sun since I was in Colorado, and maybe it's affecting my neuro-transmitters.

There has been a lot of oppressive stuff happening this week. A 40-something teacher at the high school died of natural causes. A student that we know was hospitalized for cutting. And there has been no sun for at least five days.

But I do have a 40th Anniversary Edition of The Sound of Music, and Captain vonTrapp has me convinced that if I will only dance The Ländler with him on an Austrian terrace that life will be good again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

I came across your web page as I was looking for other youth pastors "out there" floating in the world wide web.

I am in Montana now, but pastored to youth in Woodland, WA for like 8 years... and I can hear you when it comes to the Seasonal Affective Disorder.

One year I got so desperate to experience UV rays I went...

...tanning! Gasp!

Okay... maybe TMI. But, seriously, if I run across Captain vonTrapp here in Montana, I'll tell him you are on a terrace waiting for him.

Blessings,

chrishaughee@juno.com

Regan & Kent said...

Hey, wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you as you deal with all the things going on. I'll be praying specifically for your student. :(

Love,
Regan