Monday, November 21, 2005

Turkeys Galoooore.

It's Turkey Week!

In honor of turkey week, yesterday at church we had a big, festive Thanksgiving dinner. Jenny and Michelle (who are amazing, by the way) with the help of many others cooked a big dinner for the whooole church! Yay for them!

And Nathan asked a student and I to do this skit we'd written for the 'entertainment.' It did involve she and I assuming different character roles to portray "Worship Team Auditions." We did a death metal cover of "This is the air I breathe..." and this lovely operatic version of "I am a C!"

And just because it's Turkey Week, we led the entire congregation in the popular responsorial hymn, "If God can love turkeys....God can love you." Fortunately or unfortunately, my entire congregation here has now been exposed to a wee bit of hmb craziness, which they have been sheltered from for the first 16 months that I've lived here.

I am so excited for Turkey Day! My friend Sonja and her sister will be up from California, and my friend Sarah from Taylor will be here. We will be cooking turkeys, decorating Christmas trees and maybe dropping a New Year's ball all at once!

1 comment:

wren said...

A death metal cover of "This is the air I breathe"? Sweet. Did you properly scream from your diaphragm?