Sunday, November 13, 2005

Sleepy.

Mentor Training Day went extremely well yesterday! We had seven people total, and the outline for the day flowed very well...and at the end, Elly said, "You should be a teacher, or a trainer!" and I said, "That's what I'm doing right now!" Yay!

After a quick nap at home, Heidi and I joined another pool session with the Corsens, where we successfully completed many kayak rolls--in preparation for our grand river adventure on the Skykomish River in 2 weeks. I was doing well and enjoying it, but about ten minutes into a very rowdy game of Kayak Polo, I looked at her and said, "I'm done."

We still managed to squeeze in several hours of enjoying good talks and good times with good friends last evening, and I woke up in her house very glad to not have to be anywhere today. We sat in PJ's drinking coffee and talking about everything that's both important and meaningless in this world...and suddenly I was transported back to Saturday mornings in my parents' home and sleepy mornings in Gerig Hall at TU.

It is good to have friends...it is good to celebrate grand successes at work...and it is good to sleep in and drink coffee...

No comments: