Monday, November 07, 2005

C'est Fini!


After 2 months of doing a series of church presentations and visiting churches all over Arlington, I have finished...hoorah! I did my final presentation yesterday at my home church (Arlington Free Methodist), and now I can just enjoy the last few weeks of church there before I head home to Ohio for Christmas.

It feels good to know that I don't have to 'work' on a Sunday morning for awhile...

The presentations were a great PR time for YD, to communicate to the community who YD is and what we are doing in Arlington...and a few people have even stepped forward with a willingness to get involved in the ministry, so that's certainly exciting.

And--on a completely unrelated note, on Friday night, I successfully rolled a kayak in a very fine swimming pool--and I have plans to tackle new rivers on Thanksgiving weekend...it is very nice to be back in the water after being landlocked since August.

Mom and Dad are heading off today for Greece and Italy for 2 1/2 weeks, so pray that they will travel safely...

No comments: