Friday, June 03, 2005

Wenatchee River. AGAIN!

Tomorrow. I drive 2 1/2 hours east to Leavenworth to spend the weekend on the Wenatchee River. Again. In the past 2 1/2 months, I have logged 126 River Miles. Geesh. No wonder I'm feeling naked when I'm not wearing a Wetsuit and a PFD (Personal Floatation Device).

And it will be my 6th run down the Wenatchee. Is certification on the horizon? We will see.

Regardless--there will be 16 kids from Arlington on the river with me, and I am very excited about them! This weekend is the main reason I wanted to train as a raft guide in the first place! To be able to do outdoor ministry with the same kids I'm discipling...it's like, something I always wanted while I was working at camp that could never really happen. And tomorrow. It is!

Pray for us! We will be heading out at 2pm tomorrow PST and returning late on Sunday. Most of the 16 kids have no relationship with Jesus, and we are very excited to meet with and talk with them!

No comments: