Friday, June 03, 2005

An actual phone conversation. Today.

This is the transcript from an actual phone conversation that took place between myself and a parent just a few minutes ago:

*Ring Ring. Ring Ring.*
Heather: "Hello. Arlington YD. How may I help you?"
Man: "Hello. Is Bronco available?"
Heather: "No. I'm sorry, he's not in the office. Can I take a message?"
Man: "Is this Heather?"
Heather: "Yes it is. How can I help you?"
Man: "Well. My name is Steve. I'm John and Chris's dad, and they're going to be coming on the rafting trip tomorrow. I was looking on this sheet that you gave us and it says that the boys are not supposed to bring any 'Weapons of Mass Destruction?'"
Heather: "Yes it does. I wrote that myself."
Man: "Well. My wife and I are concerned, because we just bought some for the boys last week, and they were really hoping to bring them. Is there any way around this?"
Heather: "No. I'm sorry there's not. They can bring regular weapons, though."
Man: "We're not into those."
Heather: "I'm sorry. They really need to leave the warheads at home."
Man: "Okay. Thanks. Well, I was just calling to check. Have a great trip tomorrow."
Heather: "We will, thanks. We'll look forward to seeing the boys!"
*Click*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll be able to tell the kids by their big bushy black moustaches... :-) - jp

Anonymous said...

how come the protesters in bolivia didn't get that memo?

~wren