Friday, June 03, 2005

Progress towards the goal.

I wanted to let you know that on Wednesday I took two 7th grade girls out to Baskin-Robbins and talked to them a bit about my story and about what Jesus has done for them. It appeared that they were not ready to make a step or commitment, but I wanted to let you know that I continue to be diligent in the asking.

The conversation in itself was rather humbling. I have known these two girls since the fall, when they began attending the youth group at my church. As we were sitting at Baskin Robbins, I asked them why it is that they have continued to come this entire year...I said, "What brings you to youth group," and they replied, "We come to see you!" I was stunned...but it opened the door right up for me to say, "Do you know why I come to youth group?" and lead right into talking about Christ.

I have now asked three girls in the last two weeks...but...I continue to seek God's voice and be discerning in listening to His leading. The goal is still to talk to 20 in the next three weeks.

It's amazing how these first few times it seemed scary, but now that I'm seeking God on my own everyday, there's an urgency attached to it. How can I not tell them about Him?

And having tried many, many different methods....I will say that without a doubt, there is nothing like talking to a student face-to-face, one-on-one. It's honest. It's real. It communicates love. Why would we ever want to do it any other way?

No comments: