Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Me v. River.

This weekend, when I got in a fight with the river, I would like you to know that I won! HA! Okay, maybe that's a bit too much confidence--but--I did really well on my two runs on the Wenatchee River, which is a much bigger river than the Skagit and which I really wasn't planning on guiding at all this summer. But I did it. And it was good.

Posted by HelloMe--crying out in victory that I have conquered the Wenatchee!

Actually--I think it's just that all the head knowledge I've been gathering for weeks and weeks is starting to make sense...and that I've had some very cooperative crews who paddle when they're told to.

My crew from Saturday...University students from Seattle and on the left--Senior Guide Greg. Posted by Hello

Okay--there was this one time when I DID pop out of the boat unexpectedly and get caught in a strong current and end up a few hundred feet downstream of my boat...and it was 35 degrees in the water, and Greg did have to jump in and rescue me....and I DID get a really horrible cold that's sending me home early from work today.

But--my biceps are bigger, my tan lines are interesting, and in four weeks, a group of girls from Arlington will get to be in a boat with me, and I find that to be pretty darn exciting.

3 comments:

Drewser said...

You are my hero, Camel. Seriously. The fact that I have a friend who's a white water rafting guide makes you one of the coolest friends I've ever had. WAY TO GOOOOOOOO!

pamela said...

I don't think I need to say any more than: I'm drooling. Oh, I'm also impressed at the thought of HMB having biceps.

Drewser said...

Quote: "I'm also impressed at the thought of HMB having biceps"

Yes, me too. An impressive thought, indeed.