Monday, May 16, 2005

Mawwiage....Mawwiage is what bwings us togavah.

This Monday morning, I have emerged out of the ashes of the valley of the sun....which is a very poetic way of saying that I have arrived safely home from Phoenix.

My weekend brought some very succinct joy--in seeing Drew and Lisa commit their lives to each other, in waltzing across the dance floor with John, in talking and laughing with Suzanne and Barrett, who will be married in September, in spending time in swimming pools with Chris, Janelle, Mike, and Justin...in spending Saturday evening dining al fresco at a posh Phoenix sushi restaurant feeling young and breezy and content.

Janelle, Chris, Mike, Barrett, Suzanne, Justin, John (and I--taking the photo) at Ra--a posh Phoenix sushi restaurant. It made me feel hip and sushi-savvy.Posted by Hello
A few weeks ago, I jokingly referenced my wedding, which I have predicted will take place in 2027. My friend Danica cried out, "Who are ya marrying?" and I sighed, "The Lord knows..." to which her husband Greg affirmingly said, "That's right."

Tonight I'm going to be talking to my girls about the Parable of the Sower. Even though only 2 of the 7 of them have accepted Christ, they seem to be very open to talking about spiritual matters lately. Pray for them this evening--that they will "fall into good soil and grow...and yield a hundredfold."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... whoever took that photo should be a professional photographer!!!!!

hmb said...

I took that photo! I would LOVE to be a professional photographer! Yay me! Thanks, anonymous...

Drewser said...

It was sooooo so so so good to see all of you! You guys made the wedding...it would not have been the same without [almost] all of my best friends present. Other than getting to spend the rest of my life with Lisa, one of my favorite parts was just sitting around the pool with my good friends. I'm so glad you could be there, Camel!