Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Starbuck's Counseling.

I love taking my girls to Starbuck's for coffee--not that I love Starbuck's coffee, because I don't--but because I love that I can buy them a drink and we can pull up big overstuffed red chairs and talk about stuff.

I'm feeling really challenged lately to make Christ a more central topic of my relationships with these girls. We're just now getting to the point in three of my relationships that I can challenge them and hold them accountable and really challenge them to put Jesus first in their life. Yesterday, I was able to sit in Starbuck's with one of my girls and finally turn the conversation towards Christ in a manner that didn't seem oppressive, but genuinely seemed like I cared about her spiritual well-being. Because I do. It wasn't the right time to ask her directly to invite Jesus into her heart...but the Holy Spirit and I were communicating, and I know it will tell me when the right time is.

This afternoon, I leave for Idaho with my roommate and her family, and we'll return on Sunday...so I leave you for the joyous land of potatoes and Napoleon Dynamite, and for that, my heart rejoices!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Except... they don't have enough of those great overstuffed chairs. :-( Most Starbucks around here only have two or so of those chairs per store. It sucks.