Monday, November 22, 2004

My kids like turkey.

Yesterday was Thanksgiving Dinner at my church, meaning 200 of us or so had a glorious sit-down Thanksgiving Dinner together! They made REAL mashed potatoes, of which I ate too many and felt a bit TOO stuffed by the end of the evening. I am certainly excited to be in Ohio over break, but I just realized that being in Ohio means NOT being in Washington...so I'm glad to share one holiday with one church family and the other holiday with my home church family.

The best part was many of my silly teenagers who were causing a ruckus in the back corner. I'm growing rather attached to them...and I'm also pretty excited, because I have finally officially volunteered as a youth leader with my church's Youth Group. Up until this point, I've just been showing up and hanging out with kids, and I finally decided, YES, I can commit. I am very excited to work with the Youth Pastor and all of the Youth Staff at the church, AND, with 60 kids showing up every week, I know they appreciate the extra help. I get to be a part of a bit of the planning for next year, AND, my roommate and I are perhaps going to start up some coffee chats in the Youth Center Cafe after the first of the year!

I am prepping to spend Thanksgiving Break with my roommate and her family in South Central Washington and then spend the weekend in IDAHO! I am very excited that my life is at the point where I am able to road trip to IDAHO, it being a seemingly disguised place to visit, like North Dakota or Delaware or New Mexico. I will be sure to mention any exciting Idaho adventures.

No comments: