Monday, August 09, 2004

Prayer

On Friday night, Bronco and I got together for a meeting with our volunteer advisory committee in Arlington. This is a group of people that helps us to make good decisions about the ministry of Youth Dynamics in Arlington. As it turned out, only one of our volunteers made it to the meeting, so the three ended up talking and sharing Arlington kids for a few hours.

Best of all--was that we spent about 45 minutes praying for the kids in the ministry and the direction of the ministry this year. It was great for me to see and experience a huge amount of prayer behind a ministry, because I'm very accustomed to shooting up a quick 5-minute prayer and then starting the planning session, and then praying at the end for God to bless it.

This time, we only prayed and talked and did NO definite planning, even though I had come to believe this was a planning meeting?! Meaning that the "plans" that were discussed will continue to be prayed and thought over for the next few weeks, and definite plans may not take shape for awhile, as we kind of sit back and wait for God to plant in us a definite direction. How exciting.

Something that I'm certainly praying over is an All Girl's Bible Study, headed up by me--which would potentially reach girls that would not be reached as easily through our existing two co-ed Bible Study groups. Right now I'm praying for vision for that group--and for God to show me which girls to approach about the group. I already have three solid ones in mind, and another two names have been shared with me since mentioning the ideas....so....we'll see.

No comments: