Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Bible Study

Last night was my second meeting with the Angerbauer's home group Bible Study.  This is a YD led home group for Arlington kids, and there are about 15 kids who are a part of this weekly Bible study.  I say it's my second meeting, because I came to this same Bible Study way back in October during the week I was interviewing and checking out the ministry.  When I walked in the door to the Angerbauer's home last night, one of the kids shouted out, "Hey!  Where have you been?  I haven't seen you in a long time!"  and i laughed...

At first, the kids were so distracted, i thought that they weren't learning anything, because they were so off topic and random....but finally, the kid that I thought was completely off his rocker called out, "Why do we call God a He?  Why isn't God a she?  I think we're all racists!"  I laughed again....and a good discussion of God's gender followed...only to be interrupted by another student saying that "We are God's masterpiece just like Albert Einstein's masterpiece is the lightbulb...." 

No comments: