Sunday, November 09, 2008

Things I have mastered this weekend:

  1. Creation of homemade cinnamon rolls...the first batch was so yummy, I'm making a second batch to take to work tomorrow!  Thanks, breadmaker!
  2. Navigating my way to one of University of Washington's [270] libraries.  (This included finding a parking lot on game day and finding my way to a building I'd never seen before!)
  3. Printing my rebate information on the Verizon website.  They try to hide it from you and constantly cause your browser to shut down, but I was successful!  Ha!
  4. Transferring all my contacts from my old phone to my new phone.  Yay for a QWERTY keyboard!
  5. Narrowing the thesis for my research paper that's due next Monday.  Isn't it lovely when you negate the validity of your working thesis about 10 hours into your research?!  Awesome!  Today it's something to do with how the role of the abbot in the Rule of Benedict contributed to making Benedict's rule more flexible and transferable than other rules...aren't YOU just itching to read that?
  6. My irrational fear of teaching high school Sunday School.

Things I did not master this weekend:
  1. Self-control to turn off SNL's Presidential Bash during study time.
  2. Expedient travel between U-District and Queen Anne on a Saturday afternoon.  What's your shortcut?
  3. Avoidance of Pedeltweezer's General Tso's chicken when Clay's out of town, and I'm home alone.

No comments: