Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Day Two--Exciting to-do list.

I think brand new to-do lists are always rather fun. Mostly, because everything's listed on a clean white sheet of paper. And because, however disorganized I was in my former job, today is a new day: I can become the most organized person ever.

Already this morning in Day #2 of new job, I have completed organization of my office. (This means that unwanted materials have been properly shoved into bottom drawer, giving office a general facade of cleanliness. Commence downward spiral into clutter. No! This will not happen! Must resist clutter!!!)

Then I have commenced important meeting #1, in which things were discussed about our upcoming corporate Fundraiser (Golf Marathon.) I have made myself a bright and shiny "Golf Marathon to-do List." It says fun things like, "Put together proposal for golfer gift bags," and "Edit invoices and underwriting letters."

Most excitedly, we have begun discussions about the Fall Youth Specialties Conventions. YD is going to take a double-booth in the exhibition hall at all four fall conventions (Anaheim, Austin, Charlotte, and Cincinnati.) Last week, when the idea was brought up, I thought, "Ooooh! I get to plan the booth. I wonder if that means I get to go to all four conventions?!" This morning Mark says in our morning meeting, "If it works with your schedule, I would like you to go to all four conventions." To that I say, "Laaaaaaaaa! I love new job!"

Now I am eating lunch in an organized fashion, preparing for meeting with the Office Manager, who is extremely organized herself.

Hip-hip-hooray for new planners, for new items on to-do lists, and for all of the above assigned tasks to become things I'm automatically excited and motivated to tackle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather your margins look off and are you actually writing in english?...Ok, maybe not, but write something nicer in a comment. I cant take mean words from my sister...it strikes to the core...ok maybe that isnt true either. see you friday!