Friday, May 19, 2006

Walk the Line

As I'm writing a presentation this afternoon, I'm listening to tracks from American Idol that I downloaded, in order to have the sweet tunes of Chris Daughtry, Elliott Yamin, and Katherine McPhee accompanying my writing process.

Chris just sang his amazing rendition of "Walk the Line," and everytime I hear it, I get chills....I think because it's taking Johnny Cash's lyrics and putting them in a style I can really understand.

Suddenly, it becomes this amazing love ballad, and I wonder if my relationship with the Lord is sweet and good enough that I can say "Because you're mine...I walk the line..." I tend to push the line more than I walk it...So, Walk the Line is my prayer for today...that the Lord would be my first love.

I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line

I find it very, very easy to be true
I find myself alone when each day's true
Yes I admit, that I'm a fool for you
Because you're mine, I walk the line

As sure as night is dark and day is light
I keep you on my mind both day and night
And happiness I know proves that it's right
Because you're mine, I walk the line

No comments: