Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Go Taylor (Hicks)!

I hope Taylor Hicks wins American Idol tonight...I would hope that based solely on the fact that he sang Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble," which in and of itself means that I would love for Taylor to invite me out for a night of ice cream and swing dancing.

(Sidenote: I miss Chris Daughtry terribly. I am coping with his absence by overplaying his single, "Wanted Dead or Alive," which is Track 1 on my Spring 06 Mix. You are great, Chris! We miss you!)

I think it would be rad if Taylor wins and Taylor University is renamed Taylor "Hicks" University. That's funny on so many levels. And Taylor could be our new campus mascot...and instead of the Taylor Fighting Trojans, we could be the Taylor Hicks! Isn't that rad?!

*This endorsement of American Idol is brought to you by a girl who was raised on Rock and Roll, and who has succumb to the mass pop phenomenom of AI*

4 comments:

suz said...

Heather, you are out of control-- I'm glad you got your wish, though, cuz I can only imagine the depths of despondency into which a loss by Taylor would have plunged you.

Oh, and I like your new profile pic. :)

C+J=S said...

I am still stuck on the huge sign the woman with a mullet was holding at the finale, "This hick loves Taylor Hicks" Bummer of a last name man!
I want to hear him sing Summer of '69!

hmb said...

I'm still traumatized by the large amounts of ridiculousness that Fox can get away with just because they produce American Idol...i.e. the stupid fake awards, the Burt Bacharach medley that resembled high school show choir, and 98% of the things that come out of Ryan Seacrest's mouth.

I am reassured, that at the end of it all, as I know when I listen to Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson and Chris Daughtry--it does become, at some point, about the music. I think. Even if it's only in my own heart.

Pastor Paul said...

I'm sorry. You know, after 13 years, I really don't miss tv. I think you just reminded me why.