Monday, October 24, 2005

"And the sound of my brother's laugh."

Last night, I'm on the phone with Sean, and it's about 2:30 in the a.m. for him, so I think he's getting a bit loopy.

At one point he actually uttered these words: "about 90% of the time, I have recurring dreams in which William Shatner and I fight crime together." He insists this is not a joke. I laughed very hard and then warned him that I would post it here for the whole world to read.

I did not make it to the Oak Harbor game this weekend, which is sad, because Arlington lost a very not-so-good game and thus lost the Division.

But the Seahawks eeked out a last-second victory against the Cowboys, and I was on the phone with Havaleh while the game was finishing up...all she could say is, "I can't believe you're this excited about football."

Last night, in my glee, I wore my Shawn Alexander jersey (thanks, dad!) to The Upper Room, and apparently, among 18-30-something's at my church, I am alone in my love for the Seahawks. This is very weird to me. Do they not know that I am from the land of the Big 10? Hello!

It is fall. I am missing OSU football terribly, and mostly I'm missing driving through Coshocton/Tuscarawas/Harrison county and oogling the beautiful fall colors. I am Ohio-bound in 59 days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HMB,

{warning, venting to follow}

Every Sunday/Monday night you can find me somewhere in Nashville, TN wearing my Peyton Manning jersey, sometimes even as I drive past the Coliseum where the Titans play. I resonate with your deep-seated love for the Big 10 and wish people wouldn't look at me like I'm crazy when I just want to watch the game (whichever one that might be). I moved from the Amateur Sports Capital of the World (Indiana) to Music City, and sometimes I wish the artists would just go write their songs and paint there pictures and leave me alone to watch my sports.

I'm even fancying ordering ESPN Full Court from DirectTV to that I can actually watch my Hoosiers play this basketball season. And so I don't have to keep watching SEC and ACC games...good riddance!

{venting finished}

It's good to have a kindred sports-loving female spirit :)

A