Monday, August 15, 2005

Scavenging Seattle

On Friday, Bronco and I took 14 kids to Seattle for the day. Fun times were to be had--an I-Max movie, a Pink Floyd Lasar Light Show (whoo!!), and a photo scavenger hunt all over downtown.

Now, I admit--the scavenger hunt was my idea, but I was certain that the kids would think it was stupid and rebel. I thought it would be fun, but I'm not that far removed from college, and it seemed more like something college students would enjoy than high school students.

But, I was pleasantly surprised. We had three groups of students, and they turned out to be rather competetive, once it was announced that they were in the running for McDonald's Ice Cream. My group of three girls was so good about talking to strangers and asking for permission to take photos . . . and they were bold too -- asking random Seattlites to do headstands on the sidewalk, lend us bicycles, and pose for our Kung Fu photos.

At the end of it all, our group was not victorious, but we did get to play fake instruments with a Bagpiper Street Musician, and we got to hold some dead fish at Pike Place Market.

That, in and of itself, was worth more than all of the McDonald's Ice Cream Cones in the world.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sad that I didn't get to go and play around in Seattle with the fabulous yd crew. I love Seattle so much. We need to go for coffee soon, you owe me birthday coffee! haha. We should knit sometime, I've fallen in love with Stitch n Bitch. It was cool seeing you at school, you are one of the first people I saw in Washington. I kinda missed this little town, but now i can't remember why. haha.