Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Junior Orientation.

This morning, I spent four hours helping the Juniors get oriented for a brand-new school year. It was thrilling--actually it was. It was fun to see lots of kids I know pop their head around the corner and cry out "Heather!" and wave. I think I know 30-40 Juniors, and it was crazy to see them all and get excited that school starts again soon. Three more weeks!

My job this morning was to make sure that they checked their Emergency Contact Info and made any necessary corrections. It is amazing the number of 17-year-olds who don't know their parents' phone numbers.

One of the moms I was working with said, "Do you have a child who is a junior this year." "Um, no. I am twenty-four." But I was thrilled that she didn't think I WAS a junior. So, that's improvement.

I will be in Chicago for the next six days for the wedding of Hannah to Jon. I will also be visiting with my parents and brother at the Hyatt O'Hare for Beatlefest. A double-woohoo to that!

No comments: