Monday, February 14, 2005

If I were a boarder.

If I knew how to correctly handle a skateboard, Arlington would be a very significant portion of heaven these days. Arlington-the-city just opened a brand-spanking-new skate park. Supposedly, it's a super-nice skate park. I went to the grand opening on Saturday, and I watched a bunch of 10-year-olds try to impress their parents with their mad skills. The main feature of the park is a full pipe with an enclosed bowl on one end. I have already dubbed this the 'den o' debauchery' thinking that some crazy stuff will go on inside there, because you can't see inside it from the road. I'm hoping that it won't become a skateboarder baby-making factory.

My friends Erin and Susie came over for dinner-and-a-movie night on Saturday, which made my heart just swim with happiness as we ate beautiful mannicotti and laughingly talked of my friend at Starbuck's who has been titled "Barrista Boy."

And to complete my weekend happiness, the Stillaguamish Athletic Club, of which I am a member, began offering a Sunday afternoon "Yoga Fit" class, in which I learned how to do this.

1 comment:

Drewser said...

I kind of like "Passion Pipe" myself.