Monday, October 04, 2004

Yeah, Volcanoes!

I got an email from Dad this morning saying, "Call your mother to reassure her and I that you are not about to be bowled over by lava!" (that's a paraphrase, by the ways...)

Anyways--if anyone happens to share Mom and Dad's concern that I could perhaps be in harm's way, be not discouraged! Mt. St. Helen's, for all its rumblings, is still 3-4 hours south of me. In 1980, they did get ash this far north, BUT, that was when 1/3rd of the Mountain was blown off, and I'm pretty sure that's not a risk.

It is a bit exciting to be contemplating a volcano exploding near me, making me feel very much like Pierce Brosnan or another disaster movie counterpart. Unfortunately, I don't know if my life is QUITE that interesting. At least, I hope it won't be.

No comments: