Tuesday, October 19, 2004

"I'm a Child of the Living God"

So, I had an awesome weekend. For lots of reasons. One of them being--the amazing worship band at Hillcrest Chapel in Bellingham. I LOOOOVE this worship band, and I have had one of their songs stuck in my head for TWO whole days. In fact, you can go listen to the song at this link: Thank You. The chorus says, "I'm a child of the living God, and I know this life is not my own. I'm lifted up by the hand of grace, and I want this life to say thank you."

And so that's my prayer this week--Lord--this life is not my own...therefore, please conform my heart to your will and have my life be what you would want it to be.

Last night the Monday night girls and I started "Worship Journals," which I hope will be a spiritual exploration for all of us. I think the journals will help us find the way in which we connect best to God through personal worship--filling them with poems, lyrics, photos, or stories that really affect us, no matter whether or not they seem connected to God at all.

I'm beginning to realize how personal and creatively unique everyone's walk is--and--this week I'm going to be reading Sacred Pathways, written by Gary Thomas (of Hillcrest Chapel in Bellingham) which really explores one's spiritual journey and how one best relates to God....I'm excited to share with these girls how creative and diverse God is, and that they don't have to confine Him to ten minutes of devotionals a day and one Sunday morning worship service...these journals will be a start.

No comments: