Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Chicken Cut-Off Running Head.

ACK! That's what yesterday felt like, like I was a chicken head, running around, only to realize I had left my body behind!

But--all for a good cause. We opened "The Mud Hut" for two hours last night, and 40 kids showed up to hang out, play pool, foosball, air hockey and X-box....and one of our volunteers shared his testimony....and it was a crazy, crazy evening, but still enjoyable.

I lost a horrible game of foosball to a 15-year-old, yet fared the evening well in my "super-crazy extroverted mode" which I really haven't unleashed since the days of Camp Aldersgate...I guess that means I'm getting comfortable with this place and these kids.

It was awesome to think that a year ago, when I visited "The Mud Hut" I knew zero kids, and last night, when the kids walked in, I could identify at least half of them by name. A marked improvement, certainly.

I invited three new girls to Monday Night Bible Study, and I will be praying, praying, praying that the Lord would work out their hearts to come--IF that be His will.

No comments: