Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Moldy Walls.

In an effort to effectively empathize with the entire state of Florida, Harrison County in Ohio, and my friend Hannah in India, I have decided to grow MOLD in my office.

Okay, I didn't decide this, but it just so happened that on Friday night, the basement of the office flooded, and my office is in the basement, meaning I arrived at work on Saturday morning to find soggy carpet. Apparently, when you have soggy carpet, you also have to rip off all the baseboard in order to not have mold grow up the walls. Unfortunately, the mold had already started, and I can see the mold even now from where I sit typing at my desk.

The carpet cleaner guy has hung strawberry air fresheners on my doorknobs to assuage the smell.

I'm certainly thankful that I lost exactly zero dollars of property and work materials in "The Flood: October 2004," and I laugh at the irony of spending two months cleaning and organizing an office that now has everything strewn about in boxes and is filled with dehumidifiers and carpet fans.

I'm not complaining. I actually find it to be rather adventurous. If the volcano were to spew lava my direction, I'd really feel loved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather,

It's great that you're able to laugh at "problems" in life-this will help you to live much longer! Hey, mold and floods can be a good thing! ndb

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie, guess who finally tried this Blog "thing" out. The rock climbing pictures are great. YOU GO GIRL
We will probably face the mold when we again reach the "Rainbow connection". We will be there by Nov. 7th.

Anonymous said...

You are not alone with the mold thing. Our Art classes had to move to the library while they got rid of the mold. Isn't this lovely rainy weather great? By the way, Washington was the topic of choice in the Biology classroom as we discussed the impact of Mt. St. Helens on local ecology. It brought pleasant thoughts of you.

Aunt Danie