Sunday, June 27, 2004

freedom and windham

This morning, I was the speaker (shall we say, giver of the sermon?!) at both the Freedom and Windham United Methodist Churches. Both churches are under the pastoral care of Rev. Ruth I. Roth (formerly of Grace UMC in Coshocton). It was very fun to spend the night with Ruth and have the opportunity to share with both of her congregations. Some new connections were made...some new potential support was cultivated, and I was able to drive home through the green, rolling hills of East Ohio with the sunroof open and Led Zeppelin blasting through the windows.

With every passing day, my stomach continues to knot up wondering WHEN I will be close enough to 100% to set a for-sure date. There were just a few support cards sent in this week, bringing the total monthly pledges to 70% and the one-time gifts to just over $4000. Praise the Lord for the new supporters...

And I continue on this quest for patient progress...wasn't it the tortoise who was rewarded in the end?

No comments: