Monday, November 12, 2007

Rob Bell...I heart you...

Last night Clay and I went to Seattle to see Rob Bell on his The Gods Aren't Angry tour. I've been listening to Rob, reading his books, and watching his Nooma videos for the past year...and I just love this guy. His presence while communicating is stellar, and his content is fascinating. He asks real questions in an understandable way...and he teaches me so much about the context of our faith.

I was really challenged by him to let go of the things I'm trying to earn--mostly other people's favor... He reminded me that I've already been saved and there is nothing more to do but celebrate what God has done for me.

If you haven't read or listened to Rob, do it. Now. Click on the video below.

1 comment:

wren said...

Ugh! I'm bummed that I'll be missing his stop in Pittsburgh. But I can go to MarsHill for Christmas... so I shouldn't be that sad. :) I'm glad you enjoyed him!