Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Uh-oh

I'm a little concerned that I might have placed a jinx on the Cleveland Indians already...

I'm referring to this post where I claim, "If the Indians could lose the World Series and the Browns could lose the Super Bowl, it would be a very well-rounded year, I think." I was referring to Ohio's string of Championship losses this year... OSU Football, OSU Basketball, Cleveland Cavaliers, Columbus Destroyers, and now...

But there's no bone in my body that wants this to be true, so I'm retracting my formerly stated coy and sarcastic comment. Because seriously, I think this streak needs to break, and I think the Indians are the team to do it. Two nights in a row they have shut down Ortiz and Ramirez from doing what they're capable of doing. They can do it. This is the team...not easily shaken, young and exuberant...and they have Kenny Lofton, who makes it all seem right and good.

2 comments:

Pam Shaffer said...

Kenny Lofton is sweet. He is a former Pirate, so I like that about him. Plus he's roughly 150 years old so that makes him even better.

I'm impressed at what your Indians are doing to the Sox - I love the Sox, but if they can't pull it together then your boys deserve to win. I'm looking for the AL to be the champs this year. Go American League

Sean and Rachael said...

Go Tribe! Go Browns! Go Derek Anderson!

ps. anderson has been golden as a free agent pick up averaging 20 fantasy points 2x the ammount offered by our buddy Vince Young (my second round draft choice...ouch)