Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Half-Mast.

Steve the Counselor just walked by my office. Even though he's from Washington, he supports and loves OSU...in fact, his mom was OSU's homecoming queen back in the 40's or something crazy like that...

He just walked by my office and recommended I fly a flag at half-mast in front of my office door...drape it in a way that communicates, "Don't talk to me, I'm in mourning."

My coworker Stuart didn't understand this grief this morning, when he showed up in an orange and blue t-shirt with a Gators logo taped to his chest. I took the logo, ran it through the shredder, and returned it to him in pieces.

Somehow, even the shredder and the half-masted flag doesn't make the sadness go away.

I love you Ohio...I love you Buckeyes... we are allowed to be sad today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

well you know what they say, the only good thing that came out of ohio was... oh never mind I think that was a quote about california.