Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Favorite Local Band...and football.

My favorite local band is breaking up! Nooo! It's true. Late Tuesday. They inspire me to write songs, and now they're breaking up.

But--they are playing a concert at, of all places, IKEA. On November 25. Pam was totally stoked to go and take Bookcase Billy back to his homeland for the Christmas concert. Alas, I will be in Ohio, still reeling from an amazing game the Saturday before, when #1 Ohio State slaughters #2 Michigan in a knock-down drag-out last-minute amazing victory.

It's easy to be excited about Ohio State. It's easy to freak out about the Seahawks, since we're now officially without Hasselback, Alexander, and Engram. I think it's because I haven't been giving them enough blog shout outs this season.

Football has nothing to do with my favorite local band breaking up, really. But--on Thursday Heidi and I finally get cable, when I can renew my weekly loyalties to my favorite teams. Hey and the Browns have won one game this year... so that's you know, better than zero...

1 comment:

Pastor Paul said...

I haven't really liked Michigan since the Huskies played them last in the Rose Bowl. I don't even remember who won. However, I also had a college roommate who was a rabid Ohio fan. Therefore, with A+B above, I will root with you for Ohio... whenever the game is. Sorry about the band.