Tuesday, September 26, 2006

The Implosion of My Head

My brain has that feeling that's only comparable to the week before classes end during spring semester of my senior year of college!

I told mom today that even if I worked for 24 hours a day for the next six days, I probably still would not accomplish everything I want to get done. So. My perfectionism will have to chill out and prioritize.

I leave for the first of the four Youth Specialties Conventions a week from tomorrow. All of the following pieces have to be finished between now and then:

* Get pens
* Format sign up sheets for interviews
* Format interview guide sheets
* Put together 250 application packets
* Write cover letter for application packets
* Organize information for exhibit booth staff
* Design and order follow up postcards
* Test slide show on projector
* Find screen for projector
* Clear billing issue with rental equipment place in Austin
* Complete biographies for Areas/Bases
* Finalize job descriptions for available positions
* Get laptop fixed
* Finalize graphics
* Send final graphics to printer
* Get breath mints for staff
* Organize which staff is taking which stuff in their luggage
* Confirm flight
* Finish editing Corporate newsletter to send to publication prior to leaving for Austin
* Write and/or edit a Reciept Letter for October
* Lead 2-hour training session for staff on manning the YS booth
* Lead 30-minute training for new staff on Communications Standards and Corporate Identity Guidelines


And now, I go to Bible Study. BLAAAAAAAH. I will rest this evening. Otherwise, I will not make it through tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say let 'em buy their own breath mints!
DAD

Jessica Dearly Loved said...

Wow, you even took time to blog! Thanks! Good to hear from you--we got your newsletter--very colorful! Wish we could visit your new place. Jessica

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! Are you going to Anaheim, too? Scott just decided to head out for it.... he found a great deal on a flight and will be there to meet a few different people (funny... he's not actually attending the convention though!) Hope that all is well!
Deanna