Friday, April 08, 2005

Spring Breakity-Break.

This week has been all about recovery and denouement after the big event, and it feels like for the most part, April/May/June will be all about normalcy and winding down the annual ministries before summer. Not to say that it's time to fall asleep, only that there's not much BIG on the agenda that I haven't handled before, so there's lots of time and energy to focus on one-on-one and small group ministry again. It's spring break, so I get calls from very bored teenagers everyday, and it's fun just to have time to talk.


One of the bigger rapids on the Sauk.
This may eat me for breakfast tomorrow.
Posted by Hello

Tomorrow--is Weekend #2 of Raft Guide Training. I'm actually dreading it. It's been three weeks since I was in the water, which is certainly enough time to lose any confidence I had when I stepped out of the water. Luckily, I will be riding up with my friends Greg and Danica, and if anybody has the ability to help me get to where I need to be--it would be the two of them. When I told Danica that my trainers said I needed to be more aggressive, she tackled me and then flexed off her very impressive rafting muscles. I'm now chanting in my head *Be Aggressive. B-E Aggressive. B-E-A-G-G-R-E-S-S-I-V-E* I'm really a wuss by nature, so sometimes raft guide training feels like it opposes everything I am. This weekend, we will be tackling both the Skagit and the Sauk. Ack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT! You have to be ready to guide us down the river when we visit. :-)

Beth