Saturday, April 16, 2005

Chi-Town!

I am writing this post from Chicago, where I currently sit with several friends, talking about life and telling silly stories.

Why am I in Chicago? Because one of my best friends in the whole world--Hannah Faith--is engaged to be married, and as a special engagement present, her fiance Jon organized a cross-continental bash in her honor. So he has bought me a ticket and ensured my safe delivery to the Windy City, where friend Ruth and I were able to effectively surprise Hannah (whom I have not seen since we nearly died in a car accident last June and since I thought she nearly died in the Tsunami).

Thus far, we have enjoyed much merrymaking, and a very nice Indian dinner (which Hannah and Jon selected, being Indian food connosieurs), and there is still much merrymaking to come in the next 24 hours.

I was also able to visit with my other amazingly wonderful engaged friends--Suzanne and Barrett, who conveniently were in Chicago this weekend too.

The weekend has had many amazingly joyous moments, and it has been a refreshing release to some heartfelt missing of loved ones I have been succinctly experiencing the last few weeks. I'm convinced that it's not a 'home-sick-ness' since I have never called one place, 'home,' but I am still keenly aware that it is impossible for me to love all of the people in my life at once, because they all seem to plant themselves terribly far apart.....alas....I have good friends; I am with them...and when I return to Washington tomorrow, I will return to good friends and be with them. Praise Jesus.

3 comments:

suz said...

Heather - I am jealous for your company! To think that just yesterday you were so close... What a rad engagement gift, though - I don't even know Jon, but I feel the need to give him props. Go Jon!

hannah faith said...

heather,
hope you have made it back safely and thank you, thank you, thank you for coming.

i am currently thinking up new and exciting alternative uses for my one and only copy of post-modern bride magazine, inspired by you.

love,
hfn

hmb said...

Suz! I am also sad that I was so close yet so far away in the windy city. We will meet up again soon, I am sure, if the engagement rate of people that we know continues at its current pace (to the general populace, I have four good friends getting married in the next five months.) I will be back in Chicago in August AND September, as it looks now.

Hannah--I am safely back, and you truly do own the only copy of Postmodern Bride. May you wed a horse on a glorious beach and live to take photos of it.