Thursday, February 26, 2009

Move Aside Celine.

Clay and I are sitting here on the couch, and I've experienced a bit of a resurgence of musical appreciation, something that's apparently and unfortunately diminished over the last many months of commuting and listening to NPR for about an hour everyday. (Although I'm now very well informed about things like, the architectural design of the Denver Art Museum, the call of Sandpiper, and the cost of weatherizing your house, all of which is very good information to have.)


Anyways, my musical renaissance was inspired, most ironically, last night by Allison Iraheta's knock-me-out-of-my-chair performance of amazingness on American Idol, with a cover of Heart's Alone: Watch it. Tonight, I downloaded it, and the original, and like, every cover version I could find...and I'm like, "How have I never loved this song before?" Like, I've missed out on 20 years of loving this song. No more. No more missing out.

2 comments:

Erin Voss said...

I love that song, too! I never discovered it until I started watching American Idol. Who are you rooting for so far?

I can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks!

Heather is a tragedy said...

I'm right there too! Carly Smithson sang it last year and I was just like "How have I never heard this song before?!"